Ho Ming Lau
Serious Games & Gamification Researcher
with UI/UX design, development and data management skills
Ho Ming Lau MSc MDiv, is a Serious Games & Gamification Researcher from Amsterdam who has a passion for innovation, technology and user interface/interaction design. His research focuses on using games to change people’s behavior and mental health.
Currently, he is also working as both Research Manager and Head of Data Management and Research IT at the department of research and innovation at GGZ inGeest, Institute of Psychiatry and Mental Health. He governs data of 50+ projects and invents web-based solutions for research and mental health care.
Furthermore, he is the founder and director of the Dreamspire foundation helping youth to reach their full potential. He is also the owner of PixelPassion, a design and development studio combining design, data and psychology to make good-looking and intuitive digital products. In his free time, he likes to watch football, play video/board games, read books and eat ramen.
- Provoost S, Lau HM, Ruwaard J and Riper H (2017) Embodied Conversational Agents in Clinical Psychology: A Scoping Review. J Med Internet Res. doi:10.2196/jmir.6553 - In press
- Lau HM, Smit JH, Fleming TM and Riper H (2017) Serious Games for Mental Health: Are They Accessible, Feasible, and Effective? A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Front. Psychiatry 7:209. doi: 10.3389/fpsyt.2016.00209 - Full text
- Fleming TM, Bavin L, Stasiak K, Hermansson-Webb E, Merry SN, Cheek C, Lucassen M, Lau HM, Pollmuller B and Hetrick S (2017) Serious Games and Gamification for Mental Health: Current Status and Promising Directions. Front. Psychiatry 7:215. doi: 10.3389/fpsyt.2016.00215 - Full text
- Fleming TM, de Beurs D, Khazaal Y, Gaggioli A, Riva G, Botella C, Baños RM, Aschieri F, Bavin LM, Kleiboer A, Merry S, Lau HM and Riper H (2016) Maximizing the Impact of e-Therapy and Serious Gaming: Time for a Paradigm Shift. Front. Psychiatry 7:65. doi: 10.3389/fpsyt.2016.00065 - Full text
|Oral*||28th International Conference on Pediatric Nursing and HealthcareEdinburgh, Scotland||Sep 4, 2017||N/A|
|Poster||8th International Society for Research on Internet Interventions Science MeetingSeattle, USA||Apr 9, 2016||Download|
Ready to become the next Game Changer?
I can help you:
- Change your team's or patients' behavior through play
- Optimize processes through web-based solutions
- Improve data quality of your research
- Rebrand your online image
Also available for speaking and blogging opportunities